PCMA Members Give Green Light to 2022 Board of Directors and Trustees Slate
Members of the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) have given their full approval of the 2022 Board of Directors and Trustees Slate, which was introduced to PCMA’s membership on Sept. 8. The new Directors and Trustees will assume office immediately following the organization’s signature event, Convening Leaders, set for Jan. 9-12, 2022 at Caesars Forum in Las Vegas or online.
Held annually since 1956, the 2022 event will mark the first gathering of the organization’s more than 8,400 professional and student members in two years.
Effective Jan. 12, the Board’s structure will consist of a governing body comprising directors and trustees for both PCMA and the PCMA Foundation. The executive officers approved for 2022 include:
- Chairman: Charles Starks, President and CEO, Music City Center
- Chairwoman Elect: Desirée Knight, Senior Director of Education & Meetings, American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way (AREMA)
- Secretary-Treasurer: Leonard Hoops, President and CEO, Visit Indy
- Immediate Past Chairwoman, PCMA Board of Directors: Kirsten Olean, Director of Meetings, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Immediate Past Chairwoman, PCMA Foundation Board of Trustees: Angie Ranalli, Vice President of Sales, San Diego Tourism Authority
“The 2022 PCMA Board of Directors and Trustees reflects an organization that is prepared to embrace the opportunities and challenges for the business events industry in the coming years,” said Sherrif Karamat, president and CEO of PCMA. “The Board slate is not only inclusive but also focused on using the business events industry platform to realize economic and social transformation.”
The following individuals will begin serving a two-year term (2022–2023):
- Fernando Fondevila, CEO, Promtur Panama
- Veemal Gungadin, Founder and CEO, GlobalSign.In
- Gladys O’Mahony, Vice President, Global Sales Organization, Caribbean and Latin America, Marriott International
- Peter O’Neil, CEO, ASIS International
- Annalisa Baccara Ponchia, Director of Innovation and Customer Experience and Director of International Congress, AIM Group International
- Chantal Sturk-Nadeau, Executive Director, Business Events, Destination Canada
- Panos Tzivanidis, Director, Corporate Events & Services, International Olympic Committee
The following individuals are serving the final year of a three-year term (2020–2022):
- Lisa Astorga, Director of Meetings, International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis
- Karen Cooper, Senior Manager, Event and Tradeshow Strategy, Poly
- Benjamin Erwin, President and CEO, Encore
- Bianca Ferrer, Creative Director, B&I Creative Group
- Diane Kovats, CEO, International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB)
- Paula Rowntree, Head of Events, Australian Psychological Society
- Ana María Viscasillas, President and Chief Visionary, Business Tourism Services
In addition, Karamat will serve as a director and trustee in an ex-officio capacity.
Don’t miss any event-related news: Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter HERE and engage with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram!
Add new comment