Tech News: CLIPr, Hopin and Interprefy Enhancements
Innovative new technology is making it easier than ever to produce the most engaging and impactful events. Check out the latest round of impressive additions!
CLIPr, a video analysis and management (VAM) platform using AI and machine learning to make recorded videos searchable by transcription, topics and subtopics, debuted a new livestream feature that allows event professionals to engage and connect with audiences in new ways.
CLIPr partnered with cloud communications provider Vonage to produce the new feature for its shared customer, event technology platform Grip, which employs Vonage Video API to embed CLIPr’s livestream capabilities for a more personal and interactive experience.
With the world relying on video now more than ever before, CLIPr combats “video fatigue” and supports the shifting preference for consuming long-form video content by making it more digestible, according to Humphrey Chen, CEO of CLIPr.
“Our livestream capability is critical to providing a meaningful way for users to consume, search for and share the specific video moments that matter most to them and can serve as an engagement bridge to enriched video libraries without the need to separately record and ingest video,” Chen said. “We’re very excited that Vonage and Grip are the first to leverage CLIPr’s livestreaming capabilities.”
CLIPr’s new livestream feature works seamlessly with any customer’s hosting platform.
The new capabilities include the following:
- The platform can index live and simulated live video content in real time to make post-event clips searchable by transcription, topics and subtopics. CLIPr’s AI and machine learning algorithms analyze audio and visual cues to surface key moments from the video, enabling users to organize, search, collaborate and share specific video moments with ease and efficiency.
- Event attendees can leave time-stamped reactions, including emojis, to the video content in real time, as well as when viewing key moments and clips post-event, which increases the way attendees engage with the video content both during and after the fact.
- Premium analytics for the livestream and post-event playback provide valuable insights into viewership behaviors, including total video engagement, total hours watched, most popular topics and subtopics, and deep analysis of audience reactions and clip-sharing trends.
Event technology platform Hopin unveiled a new set of product enhancements to help make events easier to set up and more impactful in the long run.
The improvements allow users to do the following:
- Streamline the event creation process with Quickstart Templates based on the type of event being organized.
- Edit schedules more efficiently with the new Table View and additional functionality that enables users to streamline the schedule-building process and edit schedules at scale.
- Schedule attendee communications in advance, including emails and polls and designate admins who can edit polls directly from the event view and draft polls that are only visible to poll admins.
- Add customization to increase registration with features that add branding capabilities and boost flexibility in the attendee registration process.
- Upload venue floor plans for hybrid events via the event dashboard, so attendees can easily navigate the in-person event.
Remote simultaneous interpretation (RSI) platform Interprefy created a new division aimed at providing language and interpretation services to the audiovisual (AV) market. The new unit seeks to open new avenues for AV providers and their customers by providing access to remote language interpreters for in-person, digital and hybrid events on any platform.
The Interprefy platform allows live event attendees to participate from anywhere in the world by providing access to interpretation services as well as a remote support team that monitors and assists with interpretation and AV services. Interprefy provides a powerful cloud-based platform and dedicated event support to make remote simultaneous interpretation and live-translated subtitles available for any event.
Interprefy’s new division is headed by Mark Breakspear, a 15-year industry veteran and former project manager at DLC Events in Dubai, UAE, where he led the company’s simultaneous interpretation services.
“I’ve known and worked with Interprefy for many years, and it’s great to be working at the platform of choice for interpreters across the world—and soon to be AV providers, too,” Breakspear said. “I'm looking forward to continuing my passion for language services and technology with a company that is growing as fast as Interprefy in both size and reputation.”
Photo: CLIPr's new livestream feature