IAEE Expo! Expo! Audit Reveals 15 Percent Attendance Increase
The International Association of Exhibitions and Events reported that Expo! Expo! IAEE's Annual Meeting & Exhibition, held Dec. 9-11 in Los Angeles, yielded higher attendance than in 2013, according to an independent attendance verification audit conducted by Exhibit Surveys.
The audit was conducted in compliance with the requirements of attendance audits promulgated by the Exhibition and Event Industry Audit Commission (EEIAC).
Here are some of the key statistics comparing Expo! Expo! 2014 to the 2013 event:
· Overall attendance increased by 15 percent in 2014 from 1,934 to 2,225
· Attendees from outside of North America more than doubled from 39 to 85
· First-time attendees increased 51.7 percent from 348 to 528
· The total number of attendees (those not exhibiting) increased 15 percent from 1,217 to 1,400
· Net square footage of largest event of exhibition organizers:
1. 10,000 to 50,000 NSF = 138
2. 50,000 to 100,000 NSF = 142
3. 100,001 to 250,000 NSF = 147
4. More than 250,000 NSF = 384
· The total number of attendees representing high level executives within their organization increased 10.6 percent from 273 to 302 (position titles include Owner, President/CEO/Executive and Senior Executive – CFO/COO/CMO/EVP)
"We are extremely pleased with the outcome of Expo! Expo! IAEE's Annual Meeting & Exhibition 2014 in Los Angeles, especially with the increases to our international and first-time attendance," said IAEE President & CEO David DuBois, CMP, CAE, FASAE, CTA.
He added, "As part of our ongoing strategic plan, we have focused on advocacy and education on an international level and these numbers reflect that. An increase in first-time attendees is a sign of a strong organization and a robust overall industry."
An exhibition and event audit provides an objective review by an independent (and certified) auditor of registration data (including interviews) to objectively confirm actual total attendance, according to IAEE officials.
IAEE highly encourages its members to participate in independent audits and implement them into their ongoing business practices.
For more information about independent exhibition and event audits visit www.exhibitionaudits.org.
Click here to download the complete audit for Expo! Expo! IAEE's Annual Meeting & Exhibition 2014.
Add new comment