Sonic Foundry Offers Mediasite Connect Online Event Solution
Video creation, management and streaming solutions provider, Sonic Foundry, has launched Mediasite Connect, a secure online YouTube-type portal designed to provide everything event marketers need for a successful online event experience, including e-commerce tools, live chat, registration and social streaming.
Designed to be an out-of-the-box, one-stop-shop solution, Mediasite Connect’s secure online portal allows remote event attendees to register, pay for, watch, engage with and share video content with ease.
“Using streaming video to engage in-person and remote attendees is important, but it’s one step in the strategic event process,” said Rob Lipps, executive vice president of Sonic Foundry.
He continued, “Meeting planners and event partners must think about creating an entire content strategy. Our latest events solution, Mediasite Connect, helps companies and organizations create that strategy and makes every aspect of the online event – from registration and e-commerce to watching and engaging with the videos, and everything in between – available on one integrated video platform.”
Mediasite Connect allows event planners to:
- Offer flexible online registration to remote attendees. Collect attendee information, payment and any promo codes advertised for the event to allow them to watch and engage with the video content. Can send them emails directly from Mediasite Connect to communicate about the event.
- Drive engagement with live chat. Let attendees watch and engage with the content in Mediasite Connect’s video player, complete with chat boxes next to every video, live or on-demand. Ask questions, make comments and interact with other viewers.
- Search, filter and sort for a customized viewer experience. Powerful search lets users create customized video portals.
- Create revenue-generating streams with e-commerce tools. Sell the captured content after the event is over. Whether it’s an individual video such as a keynote, a group of videos or an entire track or conference, consumers can buy it in the Mediasite Connect online store.
- Work with a dedicated team of pros who offer support before, during and after event. With the help of experienced project managers and premium technology, Mediasite Events is the go-to solution for some of the world’s largest companies and conferences.
- Stream live to social channels. New social streaming capabilities via Real-Time Messaging Protocol allows Mediasite to directly stream to social channels including Facebook and YouTube while simultaneously streaming to Connect. Increase the reach of conferences and events by streaming keynotes and select sessions to the public.
The American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy (ASGCT) recently took Mediasite Connect for another spin at its 21stAnnual Meeting in Chicago after first trying the solution for its 20thAnnual Meeting in Washington, D.C. with much success.
“We expected growth for our 2018 annual meeting but were surprised when we ended up growing by 30 percent in one year,” said Alex Wendland, ASGCT digital communications manager. “We didn’t have enough space in some of our session rooms and our live streaming service was suddenly going to be a necessity – ASGCT needed a service that was easy to use, reliable and worked out of the box.”
He continued, “The Mediasite Events team made the entire experience easy on our staff from set-up to delivering final session recordings the week after the meeting. Our attendees had few questions about using the service and our analytics showed viewership grew throughout the week, so people clearly liked using the service.”
This new solution is the latest offering from the company’s Mediasite Events team, which provides turnkey online event streaming services to hundreds of companies, healthcare organizations and continuing education conferences of all sizes throughout the globe every year.
Learn more about Mediasite Connect HERE.
Don’t miss any event news! Sign up for any (or all) of our e-newsletters HERE & engage with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Instagram!
Add new comment