Center for Exhibition Industry Research Unveils 2016 Board of Directors
The Center for Exhibition Industry Research (CEIR) announced the selection of Aaron Bludworth, CEO of Fern, as the incoming Chairman of the Board along with the new slate of officers and board members during its meeting held Dec.1 in Baltimore, Md.
The 2016 officers of the CEIR board of directors are as follows:
· Chairman: Aaron Bludworth, president and CEO, Fern;
· Vice Chair: Steve Moster, CEO, VIAD and president, Global Experience Specialists (GES);
· Secretary/Treasurer: Bob Priest-Heck, president and COO, Freeman; and
· Immediate Past Chair: Britton Jones, president and CEO, Business Journals, Inc.
"I am honored to have been selected to serve as the chair of such a great industry organization. CEIR does so much for the exhibition industry and having served on the board for many years, I realize how important it is to give back," Bludworth said.
He added, "Fern is one of many organizations that support CEIR both financially and through volunteer leadership, because CEIR research is a crucial tool for business growth. I anticipate a very rewarding year leading our board of directors."
Additionally, CEIR welcomes its newest members to the board of directors:
· Marian Bossard, senior vice president, Global Market Events, Toy Industry Association, Inc.;
· Chris Meyer, CEM, CMP, vice president of Global Business Sales, Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority; and
· Nancy Walsh, president, North America, Reed Exhibitions.
"In 2016, CEIR will focus on continued improvement and delivery of data and research that has been so important to the promotion and improvement of the exhibition industry. The completion of our redesigned website will help enhance our users' experience and offer more functional search capabilities in order to better access research of interest," said CEIR President and CEO Brian Casey, CEM.
He added, "CEIR will also focus on further improving our already best in class senior level Predict Conference which is scheduled to be held in Washington, D.C. at the Reagan Center on September 14-15. I am looking forward to working with such a strong leadership group in furthering CEIR's overall mission."
Continuing CEIR board of directors members are as follows:
· David Audrain, CEM, president and CEO, Exposition Development Company, Inc.;
· Tony Calanca, executive vice president, UBM Advanstar;
· Karen Chupka, senior vice president, InternationalCES & Corporate Business Strategy, Consumer Technology Association/CES;
· Kimberly Hardcastle-Geddes, CEM, president and chief account strategist, mdg;
· Justin Hersh, president and CEO, Group Delphi;
· Stephen Lieber, CAE, president and CEO, HIMSS;
· Michael Marchesano, managing director, American Business Media (SIIA);
· Timothy McGill, CEO, Hargrove, Inc.;
· Serge Micheli, CAE, CEM, BSc, executive director. Canadian Association of Exposition Management (CAEM);
· Steve Moore, president and CEO, Visit Phoenix;
· Deborah Long Sexton, president & CEO, Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA);
· Julie Smith, CEM, CTA, senior vice president of National Sales, Global Experience Specialists (GES); and
· Ryan Strowger, CEM, senior vice president of Exhibitions, Conferences and Sales, International Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions (IAAPA).
When you’re planning your next business meeting or trade show and it’s time to get deals done, there’s one place that has everything for any size group – Las Vegas.
Las Vegas is the place for business and has the perfect space to accommodate even the largest of assemblies. Three of the country’s 10 largest convention venues are in Las Vegas, all part of more than 11 million square feet of exhibit space throughout the city.