The International Association of Exhibitions and Events unveiled the results of the elections for its 2018 Board of Directors.
IAEE also welcomes incoming Chairperson of the Board Daniel McKinnon, CEM. McKinnon is vice president, Client Solutions – Global at FreemanXP.
“I am deeply honored for the opportunity to apply my years of experience as both a show organizer and supplier partner to the greater good of the industry which I could not be more proud to serve,” McKinnon said.
He added, “I am eager to continue the great work of those who came before me, and look forward to an outstanding year of working closely with my fellow colleagues as IAEE Chairperson.”
He joined FreemanXP in 2014 after 23 years in various show management roles. As vice president of Global Client Solutions, he is tasked with facilitating the smart, sustainable growth of FreemanXP’s international products and programs.
McKinnon is focused on helping the enterprises’ customers grow their events and business by orchestrating FreemanXP's extensive global resources.
Previously, as vice president of Events for the Energy & Engineering Group at Access Intelligence, McKinnon was charged with developing several industry-leading events including ELECTRIC POWER, CLEAN GULF, Shale Envirosafe, Cheminnovations, and the LDC Forums.
He also worked as vice president of Government Events at 1105 Media; served as executive vice president of Messe Frankfurt, Inc.; served as executive director of International Development for AmericasMart Atlanta, Inc.; and was international marketing director at SEMCO Productions.
As IAEE Chairperson, McKinnon will focus on promoting the benefits of face-to-face interaction and enhancing the global exhibitions and events industry.
McKinnon takes over the chair position from Ryan Strowger, who also is IAAPA's senior vice president, Exhibitions, Conferences, and Sales.
Members of IAEE's Board of Directors are elected on an annual basis by the official voting member of each IAEE member company.
All officers serve a term of one year, except the secretary/treasurer who may hold the office for two years. The directors each serve three years in staggered terms to ensure continuity in the governance of the association.
Here are newest members to the 2018 IAEE Board of Directors.
- Director Carrie Ferenac, President, CNTV (Convention News Television);
- Director Chuck Grouzard, Executive Vice President, Exhibition Sales, GES;
- Director Justine McVaney, SVP Event Planning & Operations, National Association of Broadcasters joined the Board to fill an unexpired director term from 1 January through 31 December 2018; and
- Director Janet Sperstad, CMP, Program Director, Meeting and Event Management, Madison College.
Continuing Board of Directors members include:
- Chairperson-Elect Thomas Cindric, Jr., CEM, Senior Vice President, Informa Global Exhibitions, Infrastructure Events;
- Secretary/Treasurer Julie Coker Graham, President & CEO, Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau;
- Immediate Past Chairperson Ryan J. Strowger, CEM, SVP of Exhibitions, Conferences and Sales, IAAPA;
- Director Antonio Manuel Brito, CEM, CMP, CEO, Newevents – Organizacao de Feiras e Eventos, Lda;
- Director Lenay Gore, Senior Director – Meetings and Trade Shows, American Public Transportation Association;
- Director Christopher McCabe, Executive Vice President, Emerald Expositions;
- Director Robert “Bob” McLean, Jr., CPA, Executive Vice President, Promotional Products Association International;
- Director Yulita Osuba, CMP, Deputy Director, Orange County Convention Center;
- Director Susan Schwartz, CEM, Managing Director, ConvExx; and
- Director Dennis Smith, President & CEO, Messe Frankfurt North America.
Ex-officio Directors are:
- Xuebin Gu, CEM, Managing Director, Info Salons Group representing the IAEE Asia Exhibition Advisory Group;
- Brett Kolinek, CEM, President, Helen Brett Enterprises representing the Chapter Leaders Council;
- Kelly Kilga, CEM, VP, Meetings & Events, NPES & Graphic Arts Show Company, Inc. representing the IAEE MATSO Council;
- Dennis Slater, President, Association of Equipment Manufacturers representing the Past Chairpersons’ Advisory Group;
- Joe Cascio, SVP Sales & Marketing, SMT Expo representing the IAEE Consumer Events Council; and
- Anne Halal, CEM, Senior VP Expositions, Education and Member Services, North American Meat Institute representing the Robert L. Krakoff Seat.